Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Extreme Couponing"

So I decided, after taking an online class from a friend from high school and watching only a couple of episodes of "Extreme Couponing" that I am definitely going to get going on couponing. My mom and I might do this together :)

On one of the episodes that I watched last night, a family of 9 went out shopping with coupons, the husband and wife had to shop and check out separately that way they would be able to save more because of the store's rules changing on coupons. Both the wife's total before coupons and the husband's totaly before coupons was over $500. After Coupons and store loyalty cards, the wife spent $5.97 on her groceries. The husband, after coupons, spent $36. together they spent a total of about $42 for over $1000 worth of groceries!!!

This would be the reason that I want to start couponing. Diapers, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, deodorant, toilet paper, paper towels....etc.... are all things that these Extreme Couponer's had a HUGE stock pile of. I hear a lot of people say that they don't coupon because they don't use the things that the coupons are for... but they just aren't looking in the right places. Which is one reason I am glad I took the online coupon class that I did. My friend was a big help. I don't quite remember everything from her class, so I may take it again in the future just to refresh my memory :) Awesome stuff though!!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing. I want to do it too. Any tips on how to find good coupons or deals from the class you took?

    ReplyDelete