Friday, April 8, 2011

IT'S A.........

So Wednesday April 6th we had another prenatal appointment!!!

We weren't sure if I would get the ultrasound then, or if my doctor would have to schedule it and have me come in a week or two later. Well, just so happens that we were able to go right now and have the ultrasound done right after my appointment.

As we walked down to the ultrasound suite, I started getting excited, nervous, my emotions were going haywire.

Was the baby going to cooperate? What if I wasn't as far along as I thought I was? All kinds of things were running through my head.

The ultrasound tech called us back to the room. I sat down and looked at the blank screen as we waited for the tech to come into the room and begin.

Those first pictures of our baby were amazing! It is so amazing to think that that little alien-looking creature is inside of you, growing, maturing at a rapid rate, loving you for sacrificing your body to help make them!

We were able to look at the head, the face, the arms (which seemed pretty long in my opinon), the legs. The baby did not want to cooperate with the ultra sound technician to be able to measure the legs. It kept it's legs scrunched underneath them.

That's when she saw. The ultrasound technician said, "Oh, you guys are having a _______!" There was no need for a different point of view to tell for sure. She was sure.

So here it is.... WE ARE HAVING A BOY!!!!


I am sure the picture looks weird, his head isn't visible at the moment, but that is our son, right there! He weighs 8 ounces, was measuring at a week behind where I am, so 17, almost 18 weeks, but is perfectly healthy, HeartBeat was 154 beats per minute. :-)

I love you my little one!!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Awewwwwww I am so happy and excited for you guys!!! I wanna hold my little nephew! ( i know i'm not his aunt but i dont know what i am to the baby lol )

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Aunt Allie works perfectly ;-) Thank you!! aww it's still a little weird to think, I'm actually going to be a mom, I'm going to have a little boy... lol

    ReplyDelete