Friday, March 4, 2011

13 Weeks 4 days

On Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011, I had my second Prenatal Appointment. I like to get places early, so we got to Jordan Valley Hospital at the Women's center at about 930, waited a few minutes before walking in and ended up getting to the doctors office at 945. My appointment was scheduled to be at 10. I checked in and we sat down, the office was unusually busy, I just figured it was because of the other OB's that work there too that it was so busy, but we waited, and waited... We heard one of the other ladies sitting there talking on the phone say that her appointment was supposed to be an hour ago. Sure enough 11 O'Clock rolled around and that's when we got called back. They weighed me, I gained about 5ish pounds in the first trimester, although because my clothes hardly fit anymore, it feels like more. We sat in the room and waited for my doctor. She came in, measured my belly, (which she said was growing right on track) and then she grabbed the doppler to listen to the heart.

Hearing my little peanut's heartbeat for the first time was SOO amazing, I cannot even begin to tell you how happy it made me. The heart was beating at 159 beats/minute where it should be. :) Justin and I both were a bit emotional about it, even though he won't admit it. I can't wait until I can feel the baby moving. Hopefully that is within the next few weeks. We have an appointment in 5 weeks, then the appointment after that one, we should be able to find out the sex of the baby!!!! (Justin is making me wait because he doesn't want to spend the extra money if we don't have to. lol) I guess it's ok, where it's only a couple of months out.

We are getting more and more excited as time passes. I need to go clothes shopping but, maternity clothes are so expensive, I guess that is what one of my goals will be today and this weekend, to go shopping for cute maternity clothes that aren't super super expensive. :) Oh how I can't wait until August/September, I am getting so excited about the fact that I will be able to hold my precious little one.

If someone were to have told me that by the time I was 22 I would have a child, I wouldn't have believed them. Oh how I love how things turn out sometimes.

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. shari! i'm so excited for you... isn't hearing that little heartbeat the best thing ever? you will never forget that moment. naomi and i are planning to come in and see everyone soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SOO amazing, and it makes it feel that much more real :) aww Yay! We can't wait until you two come in!! :) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete