Thursday, October 7, 2010

Feeling the Stress

I'm trying to get us back on track money wise, however, it's not easy where Justin has been laid off since July. I don't make enough to pay all of the bills, put gas in the cars, AND put food on the table... Justin is getting unemployement, but it isn't helping enough. To top it all off, the Credit Union that Justin's car loan is through, only took our payment down 63 dollars when we asked to be put on a Hardship program. I don't know how to deal with this stress that just keeps building up. I'm having such a hard time right now. I make a considerable hourly wage, which I absolutely LOVE my job, but we have never really been able to catch up on bills since Justin has been laid off periodically within the last 3 years. We haven't been able to have a Christmas for the last 3 years because, Justin has been laid off all 3 Christmases. I make too much for us to be able to get food stamps by like 50 bucks. Can you please tell me how sooo many other people that aren't Americans, are able to live off of the government and yet, us Americans can't get help hardly anywhere??! I am excited to go on our Honeymoon in a little over a week, but we won't have extra money to do anything except stay at the hotel and lay on the beach. I guess it is good enough to just get away from everything, and relax, but Reality will still be waiting for us when we get back. Which does nothing to help my stress level that is continually rising. I feel like Justin and I are so taken advantage of at home because he may not be working, but has always been right on top of unemployment if he knew it was close for him to be laid off, there are others that are supposed to be paying rent and we have to pick up their slack just to keep a roof over our heads, let alone pay for their toilet paper and food, as well as the water they use and the electricity they use. Tell me, am I wrong for feeling so much more grown up and responsible than these other people?? I almost can't wait unti our lease is up so that Justin and I can go get a place all to ourselves again and not feel the NEED to depend on other people in order for bills to be paid on time. These other people complain like they are having to shell out so much cash for having a roof over their heads and food to eat, when Justin and I have taken on a lot more money coming out of our pocket since our previous roommates left. It's really starting to get to me and irritate me. I have horrible headaches because of stressing so bad (that only said because I know it's not from being dehydrated because I have been making sure I drink TONS of water lately.) What is your opinions? Please, any advice is greatly welcomed!!

2 comments:

  1. Awww Sherri i hate to hear you're still having troubles and stress. It saddens me. But I hope you have time to relax on your honeymoon and I really think it'd be good for you guys to get off on your own and not have to worry about other people stressing you out. You need to be able to just enjoy your time to gether as newly weds. I love ya girl! I'm always here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allie! I miss you! We need to get together again sometime! For real too! lol

    ReplyDelete